Thursday, January 11, 2007

Good News and Bad News

Let's go with the bad news first... I didn't get the EP job at my station. No big whoop to me really, with another kid on the way in 4 weeks... I'm more focused on family than career advancement. I simply applied because I felt it was expected. Besides, management really isn't for me, I don't believe.

The good news... NO ONE currently working at the station got the job either. That is a HUGE relief, especially if you know me and know my opinion of my "competition". They hired out of the station and out of the company, actually. Someone with about 7 years combined experience in 2 very large markets in the country.

That's a good thing. Hopefully the "new blood" will help our product. We'll see... of course, I won't be going back to work until the end of March/beginning of April... so... I'll see what others are saying!

3 comments:

Lulu said...

I'm sorry you didn't get the job. You are right, though, maybe everyone can learn a bit from this new person! Good luck!

Jennifer said...

Seriously, when I say I don't care about not getting the job... I mean it. Working in management may have worked out for me before I had kids... but no more. I'm focused on my family now, not my career. My job is just a job to me.

Anonymous said...

When the EP job came up at my station, I was fairly new so I didn't give it a go. Plus, there were two people in front of me who'd been there longer. Now if the opportunity comes up, I'll probably go for it.

Thanks for stopping by my place -- I too like checking in with others in the biz who know exactly what I'm going through. :D

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz