Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Going Out of My Mind

That has to be it. That is the explanation for the adventure I'm about to embark upon.


You see, Googie turns 2 years old this weekend. I've decided, under some kind of drug-induced stupor, surely, I will make her birthday cake. And I have no one to blame but myself for this decision. It's not like Googie made the request. Nope.

I saw this...

And decided my daughter MUST have it for her 2nd birthday cake. (Cake from Woman's Day Magazine, Tropical Cake)

I'll pause now so you can finish laughing.
.
.
.
.
.
Done yet? No??? Ok, carry on.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Surely you are done now, right? Seriously?
.
.
.
.
.
.
Ok. Who told you about my lack of artistry at cake decorating? Yes, there was that cockcake debacle. (Oh yeah, I haven't written about it... YET... Ok. I will.)

Anyhoo... so, I'm making this cake for Googie, along with a dozen or so cupcakes.

I'm nervous. REALLY nervous.

If I'm successful, I'll gleefully post photos of my confection creation.

If I'm not, I'll be sending The Hub up to Wal-Mart for a quickie cake.



I have until Thursday afternoon. We'll see what happens!

4 comments:

Melanie said...

You can do it!

It is going to be "soakin" cute. (ladybug says "soakin" for so freaking) Seems appropriate!

Mom2Amara said...

Girl, where have you been? Have missed your posts!

Post pictures of the cake when you're done. I'm sure it will outshine this one!

Karen said...

Good luck with your cake! I remember trying to make a Garfield cake for my son years ago. I will not tell you how it turned out....because your's will be GREAT!!!
Lara

Jennifer said...

Thank you all for the votes of confidence! I needed 'em!

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz