Friday, July 20, 2007

I did it!

Yes... I survived baking and decorating Googie's cake for her birthday party. It was a lot of work and at the end, I had to rush things to make it to her party site on time. I don't think it came out too bad, all things considered.

This was the inspiration cake, featured in Woman's Day magazine earlier this summer.





And this is how my version turned out. Obviously, I'm not a "food" photographer. I didn't have studio lighting, etc. Oh... and I'm not a professional cake artist.


Googie seemed to really like it. And I got lots of comments and compliments from the parents at the party. Even the "party attendant" at the party site asked where I bought the cake. He was surprised when he found out I made it myself.






Googie's reaction after she enjoyed some cake.

Yeah, it was worth it!

6 comments:

Mom2Amara said...

Girl, the cake's phenomenal! It turned out fantastic!

The pic of Googie with the icing on her face is classic!

Jennifer said...

Great job Jen!!! I love the cake!

Lulu said...

The cake came out great! Too bad we weren't invited to see it in person.

Melanie said...

That cake was SOAKIN good!

Amy said...

the cake looks great!

Anonymous said...

You did a fantastic job!!! Love your blog!

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz