Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Abracadabra!

Jennifer, my playgroupie pal's Ballsy post this morning made me think of a newfound "beauty" product.



Magic Powder. It's like magic... sort of...

Well, magic that smells a little nasty... and burns a little, if you aren't careful.


For those of you that don't know, Magic Powder is a depilatory designed for African-American men to use instead of shaving. It helps stop razor bumps. But it also works on other body parts... if you are CAREFUL.



I first learned of Magic Powder from an internet debate board (well, the chit chat part of said debate board...). Some of the young women on the board suggested using the product on their... ahem... LadyGarden.



So I decided to try it.



First, let me tell you, foul does not even begin to describe just how terrible this stuff smells. It's bad. For some, the smell is enough to convince them to abandon the Powderiffic LadyGarden-tending. But you must push past the smell. It does not linger once you are finished.



Basically, you mix the Magic Powder with ordinary tap water, to form a paste. Then you rub the Magic Powder paste on the area you would like to render hairless. Follow the directions on the length of time the powder should remain on your body... but do not leave it on for longer than advised.



I mean it. Don't do it. Don't think you have let your LadyGarden get too overgrown so you need some extra work done.



Trust me. You don't.


I speak from experience here, ladies. Absorb the LadyGarden-tending via Magic Powder wisdom I am imparting to you. It will save you a world of hurt.

Now, the directions say to use a spatula to scrape away the paste. You can do that, if you want. I will NEVAH.EVAH. do that again. Let's just say, I lost a little more than some unwanted hair in the process. I paid for my mistake with pain for several days. One of the members of the debate board advised using one of those pouffy shower loofah thingie-ma-bobs.


They look like that.



The hair just rinses away. Abracadabra! Hocus Pocus! Walla Walla Washington! Newport News!

You'll enjoy a nice smooth area for a few days. And when your LadyGarden begins to remerge, you'll notice it's softer, smoother, nicer. No ugly razor burn. No ingrown hairs.


But remember, be careful with any spatula-like implement. You'll thank me later.

6 comments:

Heather said...

Yeah, I can't see letting a spatula get near my cooch either.

Thanks for the heads up!

Melanie said...

Yeah, I second the don't use a spatula advice. I learned that the hard way. OUCH!

Val said...

Humm so this actually works??? The post has intrigued me but it hasn't really convinced me to try something smelly and painful, I will have to consider this awhile!

Jennifer said...

Just remember, it's only painful if you go past the recommended time... well, that and use a spatula!

And the smell goes away!

Anonymous said...

Smelly powder..make a paste..use a spatula..

Were you gardening your cooch or making pancakes??

No more alcohol for you two!! :P

Anonymous said...

My minge is cringeing at the very thought of the smelly paste, let alone the spatula!
Ouch!!

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz