Friday, April 06, 2007

Tag... I'm It!

Sara over at Surburban Oblivion tagged me today with these questions!

1. Why did you decide to start a blog?
I write for a living. Every day (actually night) at work, for most of the day (night), I write. But I rarely get to be really creative. So I started writing blogs on my MySpace page and decided to branch out and publish them here.

I'm still a fledgling blogger and my writing isn't always super interesting. Heck, I have a ton of drafts I've yet to publish. I start writing them and just "run out of steam" because I feel they are too boring. Hopefully my creative juices will start flowing again now that I'm back at work.


2. How do you balance the demands of motherhood with blogging?
I guess that is another reason why I have so many blog drafts and very few things published on a weekly basis. When I'm not at work, I'm generally either asleep or I'm alone with the kids. Cooking, laundry, cleaning and playing with and tending to Googie and BB consume much of my "free time" at home.

Once I get back into the groove of work, I'm hoping to be able to write a bit more during my downtime.


3. What is your top pet peeve?
You want my top pet peeve? I don't know that I could narrow it down to just one. Here's a glimpse at the short list.

  • Inconsiderate people, particularly in grocery stores and other public places
  • Crazy arse drivers
  • People who use outside voices during cell phone conversations
  • My neighbor and his dogs


4. What is one thing about yourself that you are trying to change?
I'm trying to become more health conscious. Life is short and I have two beautiful children to care for and watch on their journey. I want to be around as long as possible.


5. How do you unwind when the stress of daily life gets to you?
I try to center in on my kids. BB is starting to smile and really interact with us and there is nothing more heartwarming than that gummy grin! Googie makes me laugh as she makes up games to play. The innocence of childhood can really help wash away the stupid stress of life.


There you go! Do I get a lollipop! :D

1 comment:

Kim said...

I didn't get a lollipop. If you get a lollipop I want one too!

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz