Monday, April 23, 2007

Can You Spare A Square?


Evidently, if you asked Sheryl Crow, she'd say, "I'm sorry, I don't have a square to spare."

And she likely wouldn't have a square to spare, because she thinks we should only use one square per trip to the restroom. Ms. Crow has decided to fight global warming by cracking down on just how much poo paper I use.



"I think we are an industrious enough people that we can make it work with only one square per restroom visit, except, of course, on those pesky occasions where two to three could be required." Sheryl Crow wipes away global warming


To be honest, the one square thing doesn't bother me as much as the two-three square limit for those, as she says, "pesky occasions". I can handle a wet hand... but the other? No way, Jose.

Look, I'm all for fighting global warming. I don't want polar bears to die. I don't want the glaciers to melt. I don't want the human race to die out. But I'm not rationing my 2-ply at this point. AIN'T.GONNA.DO.IT.

Get back to me when you've cracked down on the Hummer-driving, non-recycling, energy-wasting peeps in the world first.... then we'll talk.

3 comments:

Heather said...

If I ever meet Ms. Crow, I will remember to NOT shake her hand. Gross.

Yeah, there are other ways to contribute to saving the planet than only using one square. Hell, I cloth diapered one of my kids...I think that counts and I can use 4 squares to wipe my butt.

Val said...

Oh my! I just saw this on the news today. Now she did claim it started out as a joke but wow!

Anonymous said...

I KNOW! When I saw this I just shook my head in stupified silence. And I raised 4 kids, so it takes something pretty dumb to cause that.

Your commenters are hilarious, too. classic!

follow me at http://twitter.com/susanreynolds

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz